Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Layla's Third Birthday!



Layla turned three on May 10!! We celebrated her birthday with a Frozen themed party. I mean the girls both walk around the house singing 'Let It Go' at the top of their lungs, so it makes sense, right?! So, I made the invitations in photoshop, and told my friends to let their daughters wear their princess dresses. Only did you know that all of the country is sold out of Elsa dresses? And that they go for over $400 on ebay? Or that in order of even hoping to get one you have to go to a local (45 minutes away in Dallas or Frisco) Disney store at 9:00 a.m. to sign up for a lottery that begins at 11:00 a.m. and you have to be present when your name is called to even have a shot at buying one????? Me either!!!! Ooops!

So, I did the next best thing I could think of. Cute shirts and pettiskirts!



I didn't go crazy, but did enjoy the decorations we hung up and the girls seemed over the moon with it and that's all that matters.








My sweet girls one request was a bounce house! We ordered the princess castle bounce house, of course. I wish I had gotten a picture of the front. However after working for three days cleaning house, getting party ready, going to the store 15 times because each time I forgot something and being 6 months pregnant I was too tired to run around taking pictures! =) 


Caleb was a trooper and pulled the little ones around the yard.



The HIT of the party was the sandbox that my Mom and Dad made for Layla's present. It is 6' x 4' and they bought 28 bags of sand to fill it!! It has a seat for Ella and Layla with their names on it. It is perfect and the girls both love it!!!! They have played in it everyday since.







Sweet girl meticulously took out each sheet of tissue paper in all of her presents. Such a girl!



The best part for me was seeing all the kids have so much fun. We had the bounce house, trampoline, sandbox, swing set, wagon, playhouse and so many other things that there were no kids fighting over toys. They all just ran and wore themselves out. You are welcome other parents! ;)

I wish I had taken more pictures though. I mean, yes my husband was there, but all the guys stayed in the living room eating and drinking. And I got most of the kiddos, but would have liked a pictures of their sweet mamas! It was such a good day!!!

2 comments:

Brettni Brumfield said...

Love the kids red faces! You did wear them out!

And the sandbox with their names is such an awesome gift!

Great party, Mama!

stevenjared0853 said...

Layla's Third Birthday party was stunning. Those plates are super adorable. In fact each and every detail in this bash is eye catching. At one of the kids’ event venues in LA we also hosted our nephew’s birthday. There we got quite amazing services along with food arrangements. Loved their service a lot!