Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ella is Three Years Old!

My beautiful baby girl, you are three years old! I can not believe it! It feels like I just had you yesterday and we were in the hospital and I could not stop crying because you were perfect and beautiful and I couldn't believe how much I loved you already and knew I would do anything to protect you and make you happy.

We went to the doctor on Friday and you weigh 38.4 pounds (over 95th percentile) and are 40-3/4" tall (100 percentile). Yep, you are a big girl. You used to be chunky, but you are tall and slim now. You wear size 4T, but they are starting to get too small so you have started wearing 5T and a size 4/5 in the Girl's department! You wear a size 11 shoe.


You love all things girly. You LOVE to wear dresses and always want to wear one, even to bed. The dressier the better, and I LOVE it. You wear your princess dresses all the time. Lately when you wake up you tell me you want to get dressed up. When I start getting ready for the day you tell me you want me to get dressed up and wear a dress too. That is fine by me because I like to wear dresses the most also.

You love anything that sparkles and has sequins and love to have your nails and toes painted with sparkles.

You can count to 16, know your ABC's and can recognize the number 1-5 and a few letters. You know all your shapes and can draw them pretty well. I love it when you draw Mommy's picture and you get so proud of yourself. Most days at school you make a picture and when you get in the car you show it to me. You always say "Look Mommy I made it for you. Will you put it on the refrigerator?" I used to hate having clutter on my fridge, but your artwork makes you so proud and me so happy to see you so proud.

You love to read books, sing songs, play outside and watch cartoons. You still cuddle so much a I love it. lately you have been asking us for "squeeze hugs". You love our baby sister and are already protective of her and love to make her laugh. You tell everyone "That is my Layla, my baby sister!".

You are strong willed, opinionated, bossy, stubborn and demanding also. You get a very serious face and point your index finger and give instructions! And you mean it!! We know we should discipline you when you do it, but it is so hard not to laugh!!

You are funny. You do and say some of the funniest things that make your Dad and I just laugh! You are a ham and LOVE to be the center of attention.

You are also very compassionate. You always kiss our boo-boo's and always want to make sure people are happy. If I tell you I don't feel good you say "Mommy it will be okay, I will make it all better".

I am so blessed to be your Mom. I love you more every day and am amazed at how beautiful and smart you are. You are such a mess and I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

Staci A said...

She's adorable! I hope she had a wonderful birthday! They do grow up way too fast!