Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day

This week has been awful!! Ella and I have both been sick, it came an ice storm on Tuesday and has been so cold. I would not take Ella out in this cold anyways, but the fact that we were both sick and the roads were icy just added to that "cabin fever" feeling. Well, last night it started snowing and this morning I woke up to about 7" of snow!!!! On top on that, Trey was in the living room when I woke up because he didn't have to go to work, so we had a SNOW DAY!!!!

It took us about 20 minutes to find all of our really cold weather clothes, get layered up, get Ella layered up and head out the door for some fun. I took the lid off the big plastic bucket I keep some of my Christmas stuff in, cute a hole in it, tied some string to it and made a make shift sled for us to pull Ella on.

 She loved it!!!

 She looks so little in this picture!
 Once we got off the "sled" we joined some of our friends building a snow man. I had told Ella when we first got out to try and catch a snowflake in her mouth because it was still snowing. Well, after a while it stopped, but Ella was still trying to catch them!!!

She saw her friend making snow angels, so of course the big girl that she is, she had to too. It was so cute to watch her doing it!
 She made about 5 or 6, but then Daddy needed to brush her off before she got wet.
We went back to our yard and played and made more snow angels, threw snow balls at Daddy an had a great time. Of course I had to get a picture with my baby.
I loved it, but I am so glad that it is finally supposed to get above freezing tomorrow!!

No comments: