Monday, January 31, 2011

Two Year Check Up

We went to Ella's two year check up last week and not to my surprise, she is doing great! She ran into the office as soon as the nurse called us back from the waiting room and hopped right onto the scale. She then hopped right off, but the sweet nurse gave her two Dora stickers to coax her back on. She weighs 32.6 pounds, which is in the 95th percentile and is 36-1/4", which is in the 95th percentile. When the doctor came in to see us she said Ella is the size of an average three year old, so not to be surprised if people ask me she if she is three. Well, this has been happening for about 3 months now, so I am used to it!!

The doctor said at this age they need to be able to put two words together. I told her Ella is speaking in 5-6 word sentences. Ella also did a little showing off by counting to 10. Ella also knows the color blue and the shape circle. Dr. Smart said by the age of three they need to know colors and shapes, so we are a little ahead of schedule. She did have to have a flu shot, booster shot of some sorts, and they pricked her finer to get blood and test for anemia. Ella HATES band aids, so she ripped it off her finger as soon as the nurse wasn't looking and got blood all over her shirt and wiped her nose so it got on her face.

We also talked potty training and I told her Ella was doing great! Which she was, until that afternoon of course!! We even went and picked up big girl underw*** at Target, but I think that is what started the back tracking. Oh well, I really am not too worried about it. My goal s to have her potty trained by May when Layla arrives and I don't see that being a problem at all. Here she is in all her glory!



I have been so sick since Friday afternoon it isn't such a big deal that she isn't going potty because honestly, I just don't think I could take her to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I have a very lovely deep man growling voice and hack up a lung about every 30 minutes. I felt a tiny bit better today from about 3-5 so I am hoping that I am on the upside of things. It is just not fun being sick, entertaining a two year old, and being pregnant. I told my Mom it is times like these that I really wished she lived down the street from me instead of 2-1/2 hours!

Ella is a little ham. She loves making funny faces. Here are two she made when I was asking her to make funny faces. This first one is her favorite one to make. (Yes, she is t******* in both photos because the girl likes to be n****. My parents love to tell people about how they could not keep clothes on me when I was little and it looks as if my girl is following in my footsteps) She had also just eaten ravioli so she has a dirty face.


No comments: