Monday, May 23, 2011

A Nice Tan

I thought it was time for Layla to start tanning since it is almost bathing suit weather and I would like her to be a nice golden brown, so we bought her a baby tanning bed. Okay, so actually we went to the doctor last Monday for a follow up jaundice appointment and her jaundice lever had gotten to a 20 so the doctor ordered at home biliruben lights that she had to stay under for 24 hours. I was very sad her jaundice hadn't gone down and hoped the lights would help.

The lights were delivered Monday night at 8:00 and in she went. The first night was AWFUL!!! She hated not being swaddled and would only stay in the bed for about 45 minutes at a time. I got about 2 hours of sleep Monday not and no, those two hours were not consecutive. Tuesday during the day was better, she slept all day and stayed in the bed a lot. Tuesday night was the same as Monday night, but we went to the doctor on Wednesday and Praise the Lord, her levels were down to 13! With the good news came the great news that we didn't have to do the bed anymore! We just have to do sunlight 3 times a day for 20 minutes and I can snuggle with my baby all I want!





No comments: