Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Wait Is Over!

Tuesday, May 10th, we headed to the hospital at 5:00 a.m. My blood pressure had been getting high, so my doctor decided to induce me at 38 weeks. This is the last belly picture taken at 4:50 a.m.!!!!

I was a little nervous because I have heard bad stories about inductions. We got there at 5:40 a.m. checked in, headed to our room, and by 6:15 a.m. they had started the pitocin. They said I was having contractions on my own every 2-3 minutes, but I didn't feel them.

They checked me at 9:30 and I was dilated to a 3 and having very regular contractions, so at 10:00 they broke my water. My doctor told me I would go from smiles to very uncomfortable very quickly and would be asking for my epidural soon...she was right! I believe I received my epidural around 10:45. Then we waited and waited and waited some more. At noon I was complaining that no one had checked me and I didn't know how I was progressing, but no one came. At 12:45 I told the nurse I felt A LOT of pressure and it did not feel good at all, okay, it hurt...bad! She checked me and said that is because the baby was right there and we were ready to push!

We called my mom and sister in law, who had Ella, and told them to head to the hospital. My doctor said she wanted to wait 30 more minutes and if we could I wouldn't have to push much at all. I waited those awful thirty minutes and then it was time. I joked I was going to push her out in one push, and I almost did. I had to stop pushing because the cord was wrapped around Layla's body twice, so once the doctor gave the go ahead I pushed two more times and here came Layla!

They had to put an oxygen mask on her for a minute because of the cord, but after that she was perfect! She weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 19-3/4" long. She has brown hair, but other than that she looks almost exactly like Ella!

Once again, I am in love!

Granny with Layla and Grandma with Ella. Ella wasn't too sure what to think of the baby. She was more concerned with the needles in my hand and kept saying "Momma you got a boo boo. It's okay Momma, don't worry." She is so sweet!

We got to leave the hospital on Wednesday because I was feeling fine and ready to get home! It was such a blessing not to have to stay another night because I was missing my sweet girl at home.

Here is our sweet girl all cleaned up and at home on Wednesday. It has been hectic and I am worn out, but these two girls are so worth it!


Josh and Shan said...

She is just precious! Congratulations!!

Lyndsey said...

She is so adorable!

Amanda said...

She's beautiful!

Jessica said...

Congrats!! she is soo cute!!
and HOW do you look that gorgeous after giving birth?!!

The Veals said...

Aww congrats! She is a pretty one and she does look JUST like Ella! Allllllmost makes me want to have another one, haha (maybe)

Brooke said...

Beautiful! Cant wait to meet her!

@Dayngr said...

Congrats mommy! You looked gorgeous too.