Thursday, September 27, 2012

Building A House

We looked at a lot of houses in person and a ton online before deciding to build a house. I still think it was the best decision, but after two months in an apartment and about a  month and a half left  to go I am going a little crazy!!

This is what it looked like when we purchased it...dirt.


We went to the design gallery and pick out our selections. This is our carpet, tile on the first floor (kitchen, breakfast, powder room, utility, and master bath) our granite, cabinet finish (very scratched and dinged up sample, but you get it!) and the decorative metal accent that will be in our backsplash.


I received this photo from our builder while we were in Colorado on vacation. Finally framing!


Once they started it went pretty quickly. This was taken three days after the previous photo. (Yes, I stay in my car and take the pics bc I always have the girls with me!)


I am going to see what we can do about keeping that port-a-potty directly in front of the house, it just looks so good there!








They finished HVAC, plumbing, and electrical and we are supposed to get insulation soon. It has been fun to watch it go up, but I am so ready for it to be finished!! Living in a two bedroom apartment with two little ones has not been easy! 


No comments: