Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Baby Calhoun #4


Yes, I announced this on Facebook a while back, so everyone already knows, but I needed to post it here for my memory.

I have always wanted four kids. Well, I always wanted three. I was one of three so that is just what I knew. It worked for my family, so I figured it would work for My family. Then I had Ella and realized how much I love being a Mom, then came Layla, then Lydia and my feelings for wanting four only increased. Ella and Layla are 28 months apart. Layla and Lydia are 39 months apart. I didn't really know how close/far I wanted to space the last one. Everyone had really picked up the questioning on when baby #4 was coming, but Lydia is still such a baby that it honestly wasn't really on my radar. I would just say, not yet.

Jump back to December. Trey and I were applying for new insurance and one of the questions was are you pregnant. Well, of course I wasn't. Then I started thinking. Then I started worrying a little. No...I couldn't be. We weren't trying. I knew then, at that moment, that I was. I just had a feeling. The next day when I was out I stopped by Target to pick up a pregnancy test. I also thought about grabbing that big bottle of wine, but I knew it would only go to waste. I got home at around 4:00 and immediately took the test. You are supposed to wait until first thing in the morning, but I couldn't wait. Before I was even done with the test it was positive. I had a little chuckle to myself and called Trey. "Hey, we are going to have to go with someone else for insurance." Trey knew what that meant and was so excited.

My due date in August 16. Lydia turns 2 on August 15. Wow! This is not good planning, well no planning really, but it will be fun. I find out in a week and a half and I am all kids of excited. I LOVE having girls. I also think it would be fun to have a whole new experience. Trey is an amazing girl Dad, but it would be fun to watch him with a little boy. Ahh! Come on March 21st!

1 comment:

purpun said...

A family of six - how wonderful! Congratulations to you all!

If you're as impatient as I was regarding the gender scan, Google ingender and see if your first ultrasound pictures have any clues pointing to boy or girl, just for fun! I posted my 12 week image on the forums and had 10 replies from so-called expert guessers all saying boy - and at my 20 week scan the doctor confirmed it is a boy! Not sure if that was just s fluke but I definitely had fun with it.

Congratulations once again and all the best in your pregnancy!