Monday, March 14, 2016

Ella's Baptism


"Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

The moment I found out I was pregnant with Ella I have prayed for her salvation. To Trey and I the single most important thing we want for our children is to love the Lord with all of their heart. I believe it is of the utmost importance to instill this in them. Every night we read Bible stories and once she and Layla got older we started reading "Little Visits with God" which has a little sotry that correlates with a Bible verse and asks questions at the end. It is a great way to engage them. Ultimately it is our responsibility to introduce her to God, to make her familiar with Him, but it is up to God to open her heart and reveal Himself to her. 

This Summer Ella started asking a lot more in depth questions and after several months of talking some more about it, she asked Jesus into her heart and was saved. What an amazing day for her and for us as her parents!! We met with our church's children's minister and they talked it over and she agreed Ella was ready for baptist. Ella is a little shy though and wanted to take her time and be more comfortable with it, and we didn't want to rush her. One day she told me she wanted to get baptized close to her birthday, so we set the date for January 10. 

She and I got all ready and dressed in her robe. It was such a special time for us because it was just us to in the room, we could hear the praise music and we sang and then she and I said a prayer. I went first and then she said one. Oh my heart was full of JOY and my eyes were full of tears! 


This was my view from the baptistry. I could have gone around to the other side, but she asked that I stay with her. I had two people photographing from the sanctuary, so I knew I was covered.  












I am so thankful the Lord has already come in to her heart at such an early age. The peace of knowing that my child will spend eternity with Jesus is incredible. 

1 comment:

Brettni Brumfield said...

The Best Day! I'm so happy for her. Praise God!