Friday, July 23, 2010

What's Going On?

Well, I am glad you asked. We have now been back home for a grand total of 6 days! I feel like this is the longest I have been home in a while. Ella and I are getting back into our usual pattern, which includes keeping Hunter three days a week. I don't think I am quite used to that one yet. I am just not an early riser! Unfortunately, it looks like I am not going to be having that problem anymore because Hunter is going to be leaving me and will be enrolled in daycare starting August 2nd. I will be sad that I don't get to see him as often, but that's what weekends are for!

Last weekend I cam e back on Saturday afternoon from Wichita so we could go to a Sunday School party at church Saturday night. We had so much fun! Sunday morning Ella anted to wear her sunglasses, so of course Momma had to take a picture. Trey actually asked me to take their picture, which hardly ever happens!!

The few weekends we have been in Dallas we have been looking at houses. We found one that we both really liked and it made us face the fact that we would have to give our current house up and neither of us is ready for that. Plus, I just love our neighborhood. So, that is that, we will be staying here for at least another year (or until I start feeling the urge to look again!).

Since we are staying I decided I wanted to do a little shopping and tackle some of the areas I have been putting of. Area #1 - Mantle. I just don't like a lot of 'stuff' so I only had stuff on our mantle at Christmas time, but after I put that away I found myself wanting some 'stuff' to put on it. So...Viola!

I am very happy with it. Plus, I have more pictures of my girl up, which makes me happy!

New clock, candle from my Mom's house.

Our dining room also got a few additions. We now have the piano that was at my parent's house. My Mom didn't want to put it back in after getting new floors, so with the help of Trey's brothers and Dad, my Dad and my brother, and Trey it is now at my house. I would love for Ella to learn to play. She plays it now, but it is not quite what I have in mind!
New piano = new place to display pictures!!And finally, this painting was added to our bedroom. I have been looking for a while for a BIG painting to go on one blank wall, and couldn't find anything I like under $500. Well, I found this for $60 and I love it. It had the grey blue/royal blue/ and orange I was wanting.
I also made a cornice board for our breakfast room and it has been installed, but I haven't found the drapes I want to go with it yet. I hope to do some shopping tomorrow. I am hoping life will settle down a little bit no, but I doubt it since we will be traveling to Wichita very soon.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the picture you found for $60 and I would love to have a piano!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

I *thought* the piano was new when we were there the other night~!!! But didn't spend hardly anytime in the dining room the time we were there before. So AWESOME! Now you can play. :) Fun, fun. Love the new decorations you've done.