Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving

Yes, I am finally getting to blogging about our Thanksgiving. With two babies, wrapping up my last client's photo sessions and being sick....I am finally doing it.

Here are my two turkeys!



Trey had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, so that ruled out traveling. I decided it would be fun to cook our own little Thanksgiving feast for our little family of four. I cooked a turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole and green beans. It all was so god. I was so proud of myself! I kept praying "Lord, please don't let this be a disaster!". I mean, with all the hard work you put into it and $150 worth of groceries you want it to turn out good right?! Or at least edible! Well, it was Delicious! I think we may do this every year. I loved having our family sit in the dining room and we got out the china and crystal. Yep, we are fancy over here! Haha!



Yes, she at her Thanksgiving meal and drank from a Santa cup.


See how fancy we are? The Great Value Pepper is sitting on the dining room table. My husband prefers that over the shaker. Either that or he says that so he doesn't have to refill the pepper shaker! Hmmm...I may be on to something. =)



On Sunday we celebrated with my family at my sister's house. The pictures are few and far between now that I am always holding a baby, but we did sit all the kids in front of the fireplace for a photo.

My sister-in-law went to put her baby, Heath, in Caleb's lab and Ella said "No, I want that one!". She didn't want Layla, so Caleb got Layla. Layla can sit on her own, but in front of a brick fireplace I wanted someone behind her....better safe than sorry I figured.



What was so funny that I didn't notice was that Caleb was playing with Layla's cheeks the whole time. He was just rubbing and squishing them. So sweet!


Things sure are fun, hectic and crazy, but fun with these five around!

No comments: