Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Lydia's First Birthday!!!

I can't even begin to wrap my head around the fact that Lydia is one!! She turned one while we were in Colorado, and since only my side of the family was there we decided to wait to have a party when we got home. Planning a vacation and a first birthday at the same time is not easy!

I made her invitations in photoshop with some digital papers and added in her pictures we took in Colorado. I love it! So sweet and girly!


I stuck with pink and gold to match her outfit and I just LOVE it!! I had her cake and smash cake made by someone here in Rockwall. The gold leaf bottom makes my heart so happy! We did an afternoon party on Sunday so it was just cake and candies. 







Mom and Dad came down to watch Ella's soccer game the day before and spend the night. Mom helped me so much Sunday morning when I was running around getting everything ready.



See that high chair? The night before the party I was laying in bed at midnight and thought...ohhhh, I have a turquoise high chair in the attic. I can spray paint it gold!!! That is what I was doing Sunday before the party!





She was thrilled about all of her presents, right...doesn't she look thrilled?!


Now she does!!!

 She got the hang of ripping the tissue paper out, but unfortunately she wanted to eat it.


And here are some of her cousins and friends. Hunter and Heath were playing upstairs and Brooke and Jalie came after Brooke woke up from her nap. 


After presents we moved on to cake!!



YOu know those pictures where you see the baby covered in their smash cake?? Well, none of my girls have ever donw that. Usually as soon as one finger gets dirty they are over it!



Yep...that was it. She got a finger dirty, tried a little, then whined and made a sad face to get out!


Oh well, it makes the clean up easy.



We had such a great day! We are so blessed with great friends and family to help us celebrate our baby girl!! Happy birthday Lydia!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It was a wonderful party and we loved celebrating Lydia!!!