Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day at the Calhoun household. My family came over to our house and I cooked brisket and baked beans. My mom brought potato salad and my new favorite drink, Raspberry Sparkletini (raspberry flavored champagne), & my sister brought a smoked brisket and ribs along with a delicious chocolate dessert & my brother & sister in law brought every drink imaginable.
I love having everyone over to our house. I like fixing the table and getting the house ready. My parents came over a little earlier than everyone else so they could have some one on one time with Ella, so they arrived around 10.


The rest of the gang showed up around 12 and Ella was already asleep. She usually naps from 11:30-2:00 and when she doesn't get her nap she is very cranky, so I wasn't about to skip it; even though I knew everyone was dieing to see her. Kyle was very excited to see her, he loves his niece.


Then, it was present time. My sister and I had this plate made for our Dad. It has Caleb and Ella's footprints! Soooo Cute.

My Dad with Caleb & Ella. He is such a good Papa and just loves these kiddos. He is the best Dad anyone could ask for. He is loving, caring, completely selfless - there is not a selfish bone in his body, and he loves and adores and devotes his life to his family. He is a strong Christian man and we all love him so much.


Ella and I made Trey a hard back book for Father's day. We wrote how much she loves him and a few Bible verses and all of her favorite pictures with her and her Daddy...but, it didn't come in in time. Oops! However, I did show it to him on the computer and he got a little misty eyed.

Here are all the Dads. My brother Kyle is soon to be a dad to baby Hunter in September (although I think Hunter will be here in August!). My dad, my brother in law, and Trey.


And here are the women of the group. This is Jennie and Kyle. She is adorably pregnant and I think ready to get that baby out. I would be too if I had to be pregnant in 100 degree weather! Jennie gave Kyle a card and had recorded Hunter's little heartbeat...I thought that was such a cute idea!

And here is my sister Corey with Caleb and Ella.
And my amazing Mother. (Yes, she was being goofy)

And I have to share this pic. Caleb just loves Ella and always want to "hold him." I don't think he gets that there are "him" and "her" and Ella is a "her." Well, he went on and on about Ella, and Ella, being a very active 5 month old, did what she does best. Yep, she went straight for his hair!

This is just too funny! We had a great day. I wish my parents lived in Dallas too. My sister is an hour away and my brother is 30 minutes away in Plano, it would be so nice if they lived close too. But, all in all it was a good day!


No comments: