Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Milestone Accomplished


Ella can now officially sit up on her own! She is 5 months old and she sits like a big girl (or a frog!). I practice sitting and standing and walking with her everyday, but she has always been a little wobbly with the sitting. Then at the beginning of last week she would sit for about 2 minutes and then start to lean to the left or right. Towards the end she was doing a lot better and this weekend she just sat like a champ. She can even sit and play with her toys and not get distracted and fall over anymore. And she can do this...



Lord I pray she grows out of this before she gets older or her daddy will have a heart attack! She can even stand up without you pulling her arms up to coax her to stand. Before we know it she will be crawling, but I don't think that will last very long because I think she is ready to walk. That will be so cute to see those chubby little legs strolling around.

Trey's parents came in town to see her on Saturday. The stayed for around 6 hours, well Ella napped for 2 of those hours so Trey took them to Bass Pro Shop. When they got back Ella was rested and she had a good time showing off for them. I think she is a lot like her momma and LOVES to be the center of attention. And she LOVES her daddy too.


Ella is their first grand baby and they are head over heels for her. I really only knew one grandparent growing up. I think it is so neat for Ella that she has all four of hers and will have a lot of cousins too.

This little girl just blows my mind. She is so amazing to watch play and laugh or just sleep. I love it when she stares at a new toy, you can just read her expressions, like "Hmm...what is this and how do I get it in my mouth". Trey and I were so happy before she came along, but now that she is here it is a whole new experience and we are so much happier than we even knew we could be... and so blessed. She is growing and changing almost every day it seems. I am enjoying this time so much, but I do wish it would slow down a little.

1 comment:

Random Rodriguez Ramblings said...

So cute. Just love her cute flashin picture, he expression is just like "you sure you can see?" haha...adorable