Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Psalms 127:3 "Children and a gift from God"



This Bible verse is so true. Yesterday I read a blog about a little baby girl named Kayleigh and discovered that she had recently passed away. Brooke Fouts has the link on her blog and I went to it one day and from the day on I followed it and prayed for that baby. I knew that if it was God's will he could completely restore her to new, but that if it wasn't that Mom was going to need God more than ever. After I read that she had passed I cried and cried and told Trey all about it. It made me want to pick up my baby girl, who was asleep and never let her go.

Children are a gift from God. Everyday I am amazed by Ella. If I am in a bad mood she gives me one of those smiles and all of my worries just melt away. I love holding her and playing with her and reading to her. And some of the memories I will always have is of her sleeping in my arms. She is so peaceful and beautiful.

On Mother's Day our families came to Rowlett and went to church with us for Ella's baby dedication. It is not a baptism, it is only a promise. A promise to God, Ella and our families that we will raise her to know the Lord and to accept Jesus as her savior. I don't think that there is any greater responsibilty of a parent than this. It will be mine and Trey's duty to ensure that she knows Jesus and that we are examples of His love to her.

I now have an idea of how much my Mom loves me. Until you have a child that is something you can not comprehend. It is wonderful!!!!!

No comments: