Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful for My Two Loves

To continue with the things I am thankful for I would like to add my husband and daughter to the top of the list.

My husband is an amazing man, sensitive, giving, affectionate and loving. He was such a good husband, but this year I learned that he is one of the best Dad's also. He loves me and he loves his little girl so much and I am so thankful to him for who he is and what he does.

We are both so thankful for our daughter. For 9 months we prayed for her and guessed who she would look like, what day she would come, how we would be as parents and worried over so many things as well. Now that she is here we pray and worry even more than we did before, wow now I know what my Mom and Dad were talking about!

We are so thankful that she is healthy and happy and we are so thankful that God chose us to be her parents. She has enriched our lives and has brought us so much joy.

The day she was born. We never put her down. I was so tired and so thankful to Trey for changing her diapers and letting me sleep for just a bit. My two favorite people on Trey's first Father's Day.

Throwing his girl in the air.

This is my favorite picture of the two of them. He gives her a bath every night since I am with her all day long.


These two people are the love of my life and I am so thankful and so blessed to have them in my life. Who/what are you thankful for? Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning for me this year and I know it does for a lot of you new Mother's/Newlyweds out there too!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a great post! We too, have lots to be thankful for and health is at the top of the list!