Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Shower

With Layla being our second child and our second girl, I was not expecting a baby shower. When my Sunday school class asked if they could throw me a shower I was so excited!! We have the most amazing group of people in our class and Trey and I are so lucky to have them in our lives. We love our teachers and the friends we have made. I did not register for gifts like I did with Ella. I just said we needed diapers and newborn clothes. Ella was born in January and since Layla will be born in May most of the tiny baby clothes are going to be too hot for her. I also just wanted to give people the option to get us what they liked and I kinda liked the idea of being surprised.

We got lots of diapers, wipes, clothes, a bathing suit, a pair of shoes, two sweet blankets and a lamb that sings "Jesus Loves Me". Ella has the same lamb that was given to her by our Sunday school teachers.


Shannon gave Ella a blanket with her name embroidered on it and I love that she got one for Layla. Ella sleeps with three blankies everynight. One my sister got her, the one Shannon got her, and one from another friend. She did see Layla's new blankie and try to run off with it, just like she tried with the lamb, but I had to tell her those were Layla's.


These little shoes are so tiny and cute! I love that we are having a baby in the warm months so that I don't have to keep her all covered and bundled up. It is hard to image that there are little feet small enough to fit into these!


We had such a great morning and it just really made things feel real. Like wow, we are going to have two girls on our house very soon! I love using the term "my girls'!!!!! I can't wait to meet Layla!

1 comment:

Kati said...

Those white shoes are precious!! My mother-in-law just bought Karlyn some white summer sandals but she'll have to grown into them :)