Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ella's Big Girl Room

You would think with a baby on the way I would be getting her room ready, well you are wrong! Ha! Well, we do have the crib in the room, the rocking chair, the dresser which still needs to be painted and a bow holder I just made. I mean, a bow holder is a priority, right?

Instead I have been working on Ella's big girl room. My mom and I bought the bedding for her for her second birthday so I couldn't wait to get it on the bed. Plus, Layla is going to use Ella's baby mattress so we needed to move that. Well, we finally got the bedding on a month or two ago, then I was trying to decide where to hang what, what was staying and what would be moved elsewhere. I love the way it is now and I am 95% sure that it is finished.

Here is the link to the last change made to Ella's Room. Well, the last change that I blogged about. Of course her bed has not been a crib, but a toddler bed, for a long time!I just never got around to posting pictures of it. So, here is her new room!



I still love this mirror as much as the day I got it! I bought the sconces at Hobby Lobby and painted them orange and added a few dangles.

I painted this canvas to go with her bedding and I love it. When I am changing her diaper she looks up at it and tells me the colors. I am hoping she won't be in diapers for too much longer. More on that later!


This is the kitchen she got from her Grandma and Grandad for Christmas. Monkey sits in the high chair and she cooks for him and feeds him.

She got this little table and chairs from her Grandma and Grandad for her birthday. It is a great place to sit and color or play with play doh. I painted those two shelves, which were previously light pink, to blue to add more color.


And the girl has so many bows. This doesn't even include the ones that are in her bathroom drawer, or in her backpack or any other random place in the house. I am thinking of making her a bow holder like the one I made Layla. I will show you that soon.

We love the chalkboard that she got from her Granny and Papa and on the other side is a magnet board.  We have been going over our numbers, letters and colors on that. And of course, her baby bed for all of her stuffed animals is brimming over. 


This growth chart is right inside her room. I just loved it! I need to remember to mark her height on it ever so often.



So here is her room for now! Who knows when it will change again, but for now I love it. And now that it is finished I can work more on Layla's room. I emailed the company about her bedding today. Hopefully it will come in soon. I don't feel like I can do too much before it arrives, but I am SO EXCITED to get it. In about 48 days we should be meeting our sweet girl!

1 comment:

@Dayngr said...

I just love this room! You are so creative. I wish I had your talent.