Thursday, March 31, 2011

Layla's Bow Holder

I saw a bow holder like this and thought it was so cute! I also thought it would be so easy to make, so off to Hobby Lobby I went. I bought a wooden plaque for $2.99, a wooden letter for $2 or $3, and several spools of ribbon that were all 50% off. I already had the paint and the sealer at home.

I made a few corker (curly) ribbons. You do that by wrapping the ribbon around a wooden dowel, secure it with a wooden clothes pin, soak it is water, and then bake it a 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let is cool, unroll it and viola! Curly ribbon! The rest I left straight and spraying with hair spray so it would be stiff. You can use starch, but we don't use that and I LOVE hair spray, so there ya go!

I hot glued it to the back of the plaque one by one, keeping the shorter pieces at the front. I hot glued two long pieces at the bottom to clip the bows to. I love it!!!!

This should also give you a good hint as to what Layla's bedding is going to look like. Which, I heard back from the company that is making it and it should ship it sometime next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish I was that crafty! It looks great!!!

The Veals said...

TOOOOOOOO cute! you should sell them!

Brooke said...

SOOO CUTE! I would buy one!!!