Thursday, July 14, 2011

Layla is TWO Months!


My sweet Layla Lou, you are already two months old! We went to the doctor this morning for your check up and you weighed 15 pounds 4 ounces, that is over the 100th percentile, yep sweet girl you are off the charts! You are 23-3/4" long which puts you in the 97th percentile and your head is 40 cm which is 96th percentile. So you are proportionate, just big and beautiful. You had to get three shots and drink some yucky stuff. You cried for about a minute, but then you realized your Momma had you are you were okay. Then I put you in your car seat and you realized Momma wasn't holding you are you get a little upset, but got over it! You like to be held.

Your neck is good and strong and you can lift it up when you are on your tummy. The doctor said since you are big it is a lot to hold up, but you showed her. You smiled and cooed for her. You are just like your sister, when you smile your whole face lights up. You have the biggest sweetest cheeks. You like for your Momma to rub her nose in your cheeks and you chuckle every time I do it. It is almost a laugh, but not quite.

You are still a strictly breast fed baby. You have had a bottle once when Mom had a photo shoot to do and you took it like a champ for your daddy. That is the only bottle you have had and you still won't take a pacifier. You just don't like it. I have bought every different kind they sell, but you just aren't interested.

You generally go to sleep around 10:45 p.m. and you sleep until about 5:30a.m. You eat, I change your diaper and back to sleep you go until around 9:30 a.m. You go back to sleep at 12:00 p.m. and take a 3-4 hour nap. You take little cat naps the rest of the day.


You are a good natured baby and only cry when you are tired or hungry. But when you are hungry you let everyone around know! This girl likes to eat, can't you tell! You nurse at 5:30 a.m. 9:30 a.m. when you wake up for the day and again at 12:00 p.m. before your big nap. You eat at 4:00 p.m. when you wake up. Then it gets a little tricky at night. Sometimes you eat at 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. others it is at 6,8, and 10. I have not put you on a schedule, you sort of did that yourself. When you are ready you will figure out your night time routine. Two or three feedings, it makes no difference to me. I have been pumping during your big nap and freezing it just in case I ever need to give you a bottle I have it ready.




I love you, I love you, I love you and I couldn't be happier that you joined our family!

2 comments:

Kati said...

Joy, this is really sweet. She is such a cute little chunker!! In those last photos, her skin looks so porcelain like a doll. :) She sounds like she's doing great!

@Dayngr said...

Beautiful baby & fantastic photos.