Saturday, July 30, 2011

Poor Baby

Two weeks ago my poor baby started coughing and it was waking her up at night. It started on a Saturday night and by Monday her cough was a little worse so I decided to go ahead and take her to the doctor. My poor baby had a bronchial virus and we had to do a breathing treatment and we were sent home with oral steroids and had to do breathing treatments all week at home.


It was an awful week! She was so grumpy and my baby who was such a good sleeper and napper left and in her place was a fussy baby who never slept more than 3 hours at a time at night and 30 minutes at nap time. Praise the Lord that she didn't mind the breathing treatments, she only cried while doing them a few times. I did not see a great improvement either. So, we went back this past Monday and she is now on a 5 day treatment of antibiotics and breathing treatments.


After the first dose of antibiotics I saw a huge difference. My sweet baby has returned! She has been sleeping 8 to 9 hour stretches at night and is back to her 3 to 4 hour daily nap another small nap in the morning and afternoon. I am so glad she feels better!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Aww Poor Baby! Hope she is feeling better!!