Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ella is 9 Months Old!


Well, Ella and I went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon for her 9 month check up. I got her in the room, stripped her down, they measured her and weighed her and then the doctor came in to see us. Ella now weighs 23.25 pounds and is 30" long. That puts her in at the 90th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height! We have a big girl. Just today we were shopping and a lady asked me how old she was and I told her and she said "oh, she looks so much older". I wanted to say, no she doesn't, she looks like a healthy 9 month old. Okay...so, maybe she does, but she is still the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen and the lady did in fact tell me that also, so I will forgive her for her previous comment. I digress, back to the doctor...she asked me the usual questions and checked her out and said Ella looked perfect. Just what you want to hear. A healthy baby, nothing is better news. We wanted to get a flu shot, but they had just run out, so they are supposed to call us back as soon as the next shipment arrives. Maybe they will have the regular flu shot and the swine flu shot so she can get both at once (It usually never works out that easily, I think they just want to charge you an extra trip fee).

So, what is Ella up to lately you ask? Well, I will tell you (I am so generous like that!). She is pulling up on EVERYTHING and really lately doesn't seem to need something to pull up with, just something to steady her. She is also cruising along while holding on to the sofa or coffee table. She says mama, dada, baba, gaga, oogaooga and many more sounds! Have you seen the previews for that movie "Where the Wild Things Are"? Well, the other day it was on and the creature howled and Ella copied. Haha! It was too funny.

She has also discovered the toilet paper holder and most importantly how to unravel it! She can do it in no time at all, what a talent. She definitely still understands no, but is choosing to ignore it more frequently now. This strong willed Momma has a strong willed baby. Maybe not so good while they are young, but you can beat no one will ever walk all over them.

She nurses 5 times a day and eats rice cereal for breakfast, a jar of stage 2 baby fruit for lunch, an afternoon snack of little puffs which she has mastered picking up and putting in her mouth, and for dinner she has a jar of stage 2 veggies and half a jar of fruit. She also has some apple juice with her afternoon snack, still diluted with water.

One of my favorite things she does is hold her hands up in the air for me to pick her up. I know, such a small thing, but it makes me feel wanted. I love that little girl sooo much and it just feels great to know that she loves me too. She has also been resting her head on my shoulder more when I carry her and it just melts my heart.

She is a speed crawler and I think they should have that in the Olympics or something because she would have a shot! Those little chunky legs can haul it!


Her bedtime is still 10:30. We start the whole routine at 9:30 with her bath, lotion her, dress her, comb her hair, read to her and play a few betime games, nurse, and she is usually asleep in her crib by 10:30. She naps from 12-1:15 and again in the evening from 5-7:30.

She is my little puppy dog and follows me all around the house right at my heels and if I stop, this is what I see when I look down. Yep, those are my feet and my baby girl is trying to crawl up my legs to get me to hold her. And ya know what, I tote her around A LOT because I can. I figure I should do it now before she gets to where she doesn't want me to hold her all the time. But, if I have anything to do with it, she won't ever be that way. I can dream can't I?

P.S. Aren't her pajamas so cute! The are so bright and colorful.

1 comment:

The Veals said...

I cant believe how big she is getting! She'll be a year old here before you know it!