Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Birthday Month = New Stuff For ME

So, I know my next post was supposed to be about Ella and her doctor's appointment today, but honestly I am too lazy to upload photos and photoshop them and I can't write a post about her without tons of her pictures splattered throughout the post, so instead I bring you things I have bought for myself in the last two days.

Since October is my birthday month I feel as if I should be allowed to buy myself a few extra things this month. So, that's exactly what I did. Yesterday my sister-in-law Jennie & her baby Hunter came over so we went to buy her the stuff to make a wreath like mine. Well, we went to the first store and they didn't have what we needed so we had to drive clear across town to go to the different one. Uhh! I hate it when that happens. Anyways, we got her the stuff and got her wreath made and I picked up these two sconces for myself. (they look small, but the painting and the sconces are large)
My mom bought this oil painting for me when we were in Venice, Italy and I love it. I love it because it is beautiful and has so much texture to it when you look closely and it will always remind me of the fun we had together when she came and visited me. It is hanging in our hallway and I have wanted something to hang on either side of it for a while, I just couldn't find the right thing. Well, I love these iron sconces and now I can go on to making up other things that I just HAVE to have!

For example, I just HAD to have more stuff to put on the walls in our dining room. But, again, I just didn't know what I wanted to do. That is until I saw these two brackets and HAD to have them. Well, if you buy the brackets, you also have to buy the urns to go on top of them, but don't worry...I already had the plates. So, here they are. Hung on either side of the window and I love them.



And since I am sprucing up the dining room, I have also decided I HAVE to have the dining room chairs reupholstered. I believe that will be my next project. Unfortunately my favorite fabric store, Childress Fabrics, for those of you who live in Dallas, is located on the Tollway and Midway which is a good ways from my house. They have high end fabrics and I can still use my designer discount, which is nice. I also may pick up some fabric for a custom cornice and drapes I want to do in my breakfast room, that is another project on the list.
It is amazing how many projects I have running through my head, but when I stare at the same walls everyday my wheels get to turning. And I love, I mean LOVE, to purchase new accessories, change furniture layouts, come up with projects for Trey to do around the house (let me tell you, he LOVES doing them for me too! -please note the sarcasm-) So, if you are in need of new projects, just call me to come over. I love to give other people new projects to do too!

2 comments:

April said...

You definitely know how to put your designer touch in your home. Those sconces are beautiful! Good for you sister in law Jennie to be out and willing to do home projects. My goodness! I used the "I JUST had a baby" excuse for about 9 months LOL That got be out of doing a lot of things... :) I won't be able to do that round 2 when I have a toddler running around!

Happy birthday MONTH!

Lindsey said...

That is too funny! I know Kendall because she is the sister in law to one of my best friend's from high school. I found Jordan @ Two Dogs, A Girl blog not long after I first started blogging. Through her I found The Richardson's and Amanda Fouts' blog. I don't know them personally but I love their blogs. I found your blog through Kendall's. I love yours as well! Ella is just precious and I love reading about your design ideas. Plus you are a Red Raider and I am huge Tech fan. I went there my first 2 years of college but sadly I decided to come home and graduated from UNT. I am still a Red Raider fan at heart!