Thursday, December 3, 2009

Show Us Your Christmas Tree

Last year I was oh so very pregnant and oh so very tired. It was our first Christmas in our new house, but all I put up was a tree and our stockings. Yes, we had lights on our house, thanks in no part to me because I didn't have anything to do with it. So, this year, I have purchase a lot of decorations and am busy trying to get them all up, and try to get Ella to leave them up. It is hard to decorate with a ten month old following you at your heels. But, she is the reason I am going all out. I want her first Christmas to be a lot of fun filled with great memories.

Okay, so onto the tree. I am STILL not finished decorating it. I just put the ribbon on this morning and I need to get some god twiggy things to stick out of it and I need to do something with the top. I am thinking a ton of twiggy things bursting from it. It is a monochromatic tree, all shades of Amber. See, you can tell I am not done yet because in the bottom left hand corner there is a picture frame with no picture in it. Yes, I did have these last year and yes I never put a photo in them. I left it that way for the whole Christmas season, but I am not going to let that happen this time. Ella's beautiful face will be right smack dab in the middle of these!
I love the deer ornaments. Yes, I am married to a hunter so it only seemed appropriate. I also love the feathers on the birds tail.

And since I only have one tree, I thought I would go ahead and show all of the dining room. I will save the rest of the house for the Christmas Decorations tour though in two weeks. Plus that gives me more time to go shopping!
I love to hang ornaments from the chandeliers. I am buying more beads this Saturday so it will be more full. I also just bought this Santa on the table on sale and thought he was so pretty. And I love the HUGE ornament in the bowl on the table.



Here is Santa up close and personal. What a cute guy!


I do plan on buying Ella a Christmas tree and getting her some cute pink and brown ornaments, plus a baby's first Christmas ornament. Wow! I have a lot left to do and time is running out! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

Love your tree! You have a beautiful family. Happy Holidays!

Kyle and Jennie said...

I like the ribbon. Good idea! Cannot wait to see the rest of your house.

Jennie

Kristi said...

Your tree is gorgeous. I am married to a hunter too and we also have a deer ornament. Christmas blessings to you!

Mommy said...

Love your amber colors! Very classy :) Great taste!