Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!

One year ago today my sweet girl was born and changed my life forever! I could not stop crying when the doctors handed her to me and was just amazed at how good God is. I have never seen a more beautiful face and have never loved something so much so quickly. She weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces and was 20-1/2" long. She seemed so tiny and so fragile and Trey and I were so nervous. You should have seen us the first time we changed her clothes! And the drive home was hysterical with Trey driving so slow and trying to avoid any bump there was and me hovering over her. Our sweet girl fattened up pretty quickly and has the most precious chubby cheeks. We had problems getting the breast feeding thing down, but mastered it soon enough. It is pretty obvious from these pictures she was getting enough to eat and then some! After a while she developed her personality and her smile just melts my heart. She and I have so much fun dressing up and taking pictures. She is definitely a mama's girl and I can honestly say that I love that.
On Mother's Day Trey and I dedicated her to the Lord. We will continue to raise her according to God's Will and will strive to be the best parents we can be and raise her to love the Lord and one day accept him as her personal Savior. This is one of my main goals as her Mother. Before she was born my Mom told me I would pray more than I ever had before and that would continue for the rest of my life. She was so right! But because of that my relationship with God has grown. I think having a child causes your faith to grow. Watching her learn to roll over, sit up, crawl and walk has brought me so much joy. The first time she rolled over Trey and I were both there to see it and clapped and yelled and were just so excited. Grabbing the video camera and getting it turned on as quickly as possible to make sure we document all of her milestones has been so much fun. However, I also learned I do sound like a huge hick!




With each day that passes I enjoy watching her learn more and more. She now says 'Uh oh' 'Mama' 'Dada' mimics sounds like Mooo and Woof Woof, gives high fives, sugars (kisses), hugs, and is walking. She is the joy of my life and I am so blessed that she is my baby. I am looking forward to many more years!


2 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!!!!

The Richardson's said...

Happy Birthday Miss Pretty!