Saturday, April 10, 2010

15 Month Check Up

Friday afternoon I took Ella to her 15 month check up. Of course I was not looking forward to it because of the shots, but I always think it is fun to get her height & weight and know what percentile she is in. (Yes, I do know that I could do it myself and I even have those little charts in the back of one of my baby books, but then that would kill all enthusiasm I have for going to the doctor!)

She weighs 25.6 pounds (85th%) and is 33" tall (95%). She has always been at or above the 95th percentile for height and weight & she is usually closer to 100% for weight! She has always been chubby with the cutest tummy and big chunky thighs! She is slimming down now. I mean, the girl RUNS everywhere. I am missing those rolls though!

She did great and even wanted her doctor to pick her up. Dr. Smart was so happy to oblige and said that didn't happen often. Ella is so social. We demonstrated our verbal skills and did some tricks and am happy to report that she is ahead of schedule. Then came the dreaded needles. She did just fine for the first one...didn't even flinch. But that second one got her. Poor thing. She only cried for about 30 seconds though and was fine after that. Whew!

So Ella, What are you up to at 15 months old:

You wear size 4 diapers and will for a while.
You still can wear 18 month clothes, but we are buying 24 months for Spring and Summer.
You are now wearing a size 6 shoe.
I still put a bow on you every time we go out. You don't seem to mind themas much (good thing because they aren't going anywhere!)
You can run like the wind...well, maybe more like a penguin. It is so cute!
You are a little monkey and climb on everything.
You love to read books.
You LOVE to sit in peoples lap and be held. It doesn't matter who it is, as long as you have one of these two you are happy.
You are a little ham and love attention.
You have started to fake laugh. If mommy and daddy laugh you join right in.
You think it is so funny to scream!
You are stubborn. You didn't stand a chance though!

Your words:
Mama, Dada, hi, bye bye, no, yes, wow, up, bite, juice, ni ni (night night), ta u (thank you)
If I ask you what a doggy says, you say wooof woof
If I ask you what a bear says you saw Grrr
We are working on cat. Sometimes you do it and sometimes you don't so we will keep working.

I took her to the park the other day and took these pictures of her. Uhh! I love that sweet face.


We played peek-a-boo for a while.

This picture reminds me of the Sound of Music. I just look at it and want to sing "The hills are alive, with the sound of music..." Don't really know why. It just does.

You are just the most fun baby (she will always be my baby...I am not going to say toddler!) a mamma could ask for. We love you so much and just enjoy watching you grow up.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

she has the sweetest face and adorable dress.

Rachel said...

The pictures are GREAT!! What kind of camera do you use if I may ask??

Amanda said...

Love those pictures of Ella! so cute!