Monday, July 6, 2009

Proud Mom of A 6 Month Old!!


Today my beautiful baby girl turned 6 months old! So much has happened in the last six months. I quit my job to stay at home with Ella & it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have been there to witness every new expression, every new sound and every new accomplishment. I have learned patience and have watched my husband become a daddy. Not just a father, but a daddy...a loving, caring, sweet, gentle man who changes diapers and gives baths and reads and plays with our sweet little girl.
And Ella has changed so much. She was born weighing 7 pounds 15 ounces and now weighs 20 pounds. She is wearing 9 month clothes and last measured was 26" long. Her hair is coming in thicker and just as blond as the day shew as born. Her eyes are as blue as water and just crystal clear.
She can now sit up, pull up, roll over from her tummy to her back and her back to her tummy. She can roll in both directions, to the left or to the right. If you leave her on her tummy any longer than a minute you will see her go a full 360 degrees. She now lifts her little bottom off of the ground so high and just moves those legs up and down, and will be crawling any day now. She can say "bababa" and "dadada" which Trey likes to interpret as "dada" however, it is not...not yet, along with a whole other set of "ah goos" and such.
She will shower anyone who looks at her and smiles with a grin from ear to ear and her cheeks are so big you can barely tell she has eyes when she does this. She laughs and giggles, the loudest for her Daddy who can really get her going. She loves attention, I wonder where she gets that from? =)
She absolutely knows her name and will turn in the direction of the voice. She grabs objects and if something falls she looks for it. She knows how to press her talking toys to get them to talk.
She is the happiest baby I have ever come across. She hardly ever cries, only when she is tired or hungry.When she wakes up in the morning she gives me the biggest smile. If I am ever in a bad mood all I have to do is look at her and everything changes.
She goes to sleep at 10 and sleeps until 9:30...what a BLESSING! She is a girl after my own heart!
She has brought so much love and happiness into our lives and we are so thankful to God for giving us such a wonderful baby. These last six months have been a whirlwind and have gone by so fast, too fast. I can only imagine what the next six months will bring, but I know they will be full of learning and laughter.

No comments: