Monday, August 10, 2009

Stolen Survey

I saw this survey and thought it was cute. I do have a couple of things, lots of cute pictures, to post, but tonight I am lazy. SO, this is what you are going to get!

1) How did you and the hubby/ fiance meet?


Well, my mom always told me I needed to meet my husband at church. Especially after boyfriend like #35 and all of them I had met at the bar. Yes, I admit it, the bar. So, I quit trying to date the guys I met at the bar and really just tried to quit dating (for a while). I focused more on work and church and hanging out with the girls. One weekend I was in Wichita for a wedding and went out with my best friends to the bar to have a few drinks. I totally did not want to be in a relationship and wasn't really even interested in chatting with any guys that night, until a CUTE guy kept eyeballing me and I finally pointed to him and told him to come over...and that is that. We met at Old Town Saloon in Wichita Falls & I lived in Dallas so we were long distance until we got married and he moved to Dallas. So, mom, I did meet a nice Christian guy at a bar.



2) If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?


Well, I had what I thought was my dream job working for the largest very high end residential interior design firm in Dallas. However, now I am living my dream job and working as a stay at home momma. I always told my mom when I grew up I wanted to be a mom and here I am. I want to have three children and hope God continues to bless our family and allows me to continue to be a stay at home mom. I have started doing some small freelance design jobs just because I do enjoy it, but I don't ever want to go back to working for a firm. I want to have flexibility and be able to pick my kids up from school and have summers off with them.



3) What are your and your hubby/ fiance's dreams for the future?


Our dreams are pretty simple I think. I hope we continue to be involved in our church & serve the Lord, have healthy babies and a happy marriage. I love the house we are in now, but I know Trey would love to have land one day, so maybe in the far away future we will do that.


4) Why did you start blogging?


I started blogging because I had a couple of friends who blogged and I followed their blogs and then one day I decided to start my own. Everybody else was bragging about their babies and I thought, Wait, I can brag about Ella too. I pretty much write about her and what she is up to and accomplishing and just how much we love her!



5) Who do you look up to?


Now that I am a mom, a lot of my ideas, opinions, and attitudes have changed. Also, being married has given me a new appreciation for a lot of things. With that being said, I look up to my parents the most. They are both strong Christians who have shown me in some subtle ways, and some not so subtle ways what it is to love and serve God. They have been married forever (close to 40 years)& they raised three kids who turned out pretty dang good. I have seen them go through tough times, like when my Dad was laid off when I was in 6th grade and my mom had to return to work and my Dad played Mr. Mom.
My mom is one of my best friends and is always open and available and my Dad is loving and caring and so gentle for such a big strong man. They put others needs and wants first and are just amazing parents.

If (er, I mean when) I decide to quit being lazy and upload my photos I have some cute pictures to share of Ella, plus I jazzed up our guest bathroom.

No comments: